Sam's Work Experience Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm writing this blog as part of my work experience here at Long Road Sixth Form College.

From the 3rd of July to the 14th of July 2006, I'm going to be spending every week-day here from 9.00 am to 4.00pm getting some experience in the media studies area.

Day 1

When I arrived here for my first day, I was given a brief tour of the Long Road site, and then shown to the Media Department where I will be working for the next two weeks, with help from Steve, Ricky and Ryd.

The main purpose of my first day was for me to learn to use the Final Cut program, in order to edit movies, add soundtracks to them, put clips in order, fade clips and music in and out, synchronising video with audio and some other such functions. This is because over the next few days I was going to be helping to make a presentation showing the work of Year 12 from their Media Studies Course.

Day 2

When I arrived for my second day here, I felt much more at ease as everything was less alien, and so I was able to settle down to work quickly. I began by cutting down of the Year 12 movie clips, so that any parts that were left over on the end just showing a black screen were removed to save valuable time we would need for the Introductions and Award ceremonies.

After this, I began making opening sequences for the 3 different types of movies; Kids TV, 1 minute films/ documentaries, and Thrillers. I selected short clips from each and joined them together to make a small opening sequence for each genre of movie. When I had finished this, I moved all of the sequences onto the same screen, so that they all played at once, giving a short preview of what to come. I then added a moving background to all but finish off the 'Welcome Back' introduction, which was to be played at the end of the mid-performance interval, and this concluded my second day at Long Road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home